If you are my student, you already know that I'm a professor at Drake University's Master of Science in Leadership Development (MSLD). You may also know that I'm originally from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. However, you may not know a few odd tidbits about me such as:
- I moved to the U.S. more than 20 years ago.
- Even though I'm originally from Rio, I hate hot weather and love snow (but hate tornados and big storms).
- Besides having a master's in Training and Development (well, technically the name was "Career and Technology Education" - but the master's itself was pretty similar to the MSLD with an HRD track) I also have - believe it or not - a master's in Vocal Pedagogy from The Ohio State University. I used to sing Opera!!! I still sing but not nearly as well as I used to (I can play the guitar, though, and still remember some of my bossa nova songs).
- My doctorate in Leadership Studies is from Bowling Green State University in Bowling Green, Ohio. My dissertation was entitled "Engaged to Serve: The Relationship between Personality and the Engagement of Human Services Professionals and Paraprofessionals." Click here to read this major snoozer. Strongly recommended if you suffer from acute insomnia.
- After finishing my master's I opened a consulting firm specializing in diversity and leadership development. I still do some consulting to keep a pulse in the "real world" - so I'm often found running a variety of training programs all over the world. However, these days I spend most of my time with my students or conducting research. My main research areas are personality, ethics, and employee engagement.